An introduction to Tiktok Ads
What is TikTok?
Tiktok is a short-form video-sharing social media platform where users share various lip-sync, comedy, dance, and other videos, which are 15-60 seconds long.
Key Statistics - 2021
- TikTok has an estimated 1.1 Billion users worldwide.
- As of June 2021, 60 percent of TikTok users are between the ages of 16 and 24.
- The TikTok app has been downloaded over 2.6 billion times worldwide.
- The average user spends 52 minutes per day on the TikTok app.
- The average user opens the app 8 times every day.
Tiktok is the 7th most used social network globally, and it keeps on growing every year! Tiktok can help your business reach millions of users worldwide. Are you wondering how to run TikTok ads and make the most out of your budget? This ultimate guide will answer all your questions step by step!
How to create a Tiktok ads account?
Creating Tiktok for business account
- Go to the Sign-up page and fill in the email, password and verification code information. Then click agree to terms and conditions and click on Sign Up.
- On the following page enter your Country/Region, Business Name, Industry, Phone number, Time Zone & Currency. Done - your TikTok for business account has been made.
Creating the campaign
- In Tiktok ads manager, you will have to fill in your business information and company website.
- Click on campaign in the navigation bar and click on create.
- Select the Simplified or Custom mode and switch between the two anytime!
- Select the Campaign objective, i.e. your aim for the campaign such as traffic, app installation or the new Lead Generation feature.
- Give your campaign a name and set a budget
- For the next step, give your ad group a name, and choose the promotion type (website vs app). You can then select the placement manually or select automatic placement for the Tiktok algorithm to give you the best results. You can read more about it here.
- Following that select the creative, target audience (custom, lookalike, retargeting, etc), budget, schedule and optimising options similar to other platforms.
- Finally, you create your ad! In this section, you select the ad name, format, creative, display name, call to action text and link!.
- You can then preview your advertisement and Publish it.