Guide to Automatically Sync Constant Contact with Facebook Audiences
May 4, 2015
If you use Constant Contact, it's likely that it's the heart of all your customer email communication. But that's not the only place your customers hang out. Did you know that the average Facebook user logs in 15 times a day?
We are going to show you how automatically sync your Constant Contact lists with Facebook Custom Audiences every 3 hours.
This means you can:
1) Target Ads at your existing customers on Facebook to increase conversion (go beyond just email!).
2) Exclude your existing customers from certain Facebook campaigns.
3) Reach new customers who are similar to your best ones using Facebook Lookalikes.
For those that don't know how awesome Custom Audiences and Lookalikes are, or need a reminder on how to use them, read Facebook's Guide first!
Once you know the basics, here is why we think automating Custom Audiences provides the most powerful targeting and retargeting tool available.
Why automate my Custom Audiences?
1) Save Time - Despite Custom Audiences being an incredibly powerful marketing tool, they take time to update. Automating this means you can do more with your Facebook marketing.
2) Create more audiences - Automation means you can create Custom Audiences for as many segments as you like. For example, have registered, have registered and bought, have bought more than once.
3) Run relevant ads - For the most effective (and non-spammy) Custom Audience campaigns, you need an up-to-date list. Updating regularly means you always show relevant ads.
How to automate your Custom Audiences from Constant Contact
We've built a tool that makes this incredibly simple to setup. It's free to get started, takes 15 minutes to setup, and syncs your Custom Audiences every 3 hours!
Signup for Driftrock Flow here, it's Free to start.
Connect up Constant Contact so you can start syncing data. Select Constant Contact from the dropdown and authorise Driftrock to connect.
Make sure you have permissions to create and update Facebook Custom Audiences from your account. Your access level needs to be set to "Advertiser" and you need to have created at least one Custom Audience in your Facebook Ads account before (so you accept the terms and conditions).
Create some Flow's to start pairing your Constant Contact lists with Facebook Custom Audiences. Navigate to the "Flows" page, select a segment (one of your email lists or all contacts) and select the destination Custom Audience you want to sync automatically with.
Hit create and you're are done! Your Constant Contact list will now automatically sync with Facebook Custom Audiences every 3 hours.
Send us a message if you get stuck during the set up (just hit Support in the top navigation).
Have fun, and let us know how you get on!