Capture UTM parameters with your website leads.
To make this work, three things are required:
- You must set up a Driftrock Webhook capture to send your events (e.g. leads) to
For website forms, we provide a simple script for capturing the Google Analytics Client ID and setting it in your form. Here's a step-by-step guide on using the Driftrock script:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Google Analytics code on your website.
2. Add the following script at the end of the <body> section of the web page(s) where your forms live (or across all your web pages if it's easier). Or if you are using Tag Manager this script can be added by clicking Add a new tag, then going to Tag Configuration and setting the Tag Type to be Custom HTML, then adding the below in the HTML section.
3. Add a hidden field to your form with the name ga_client_id or an appropriate name, which you'll reference in step 4.
Make sure your CRM system is configured to accept the new hidden field with the name you specify (in this example ga_client_id ).
If you are sending all your lead data to Driftrock for your lead management, then Driftrock already has the field ga_client_id ready by default.
4. Call the dRock function from the Driftrock script you added in step 2.
Calling this function will add the Google Analytics Client ID from the Google Analytics cookie and insert it into the hidden form field we created in step 3.
The dRock function will let you specify the name of the field.
In this example, the ga_client_id in this example is the name of the hidden form field we added in step 3.
You can optionally specify a callback function to execute after the dRock function finishes. For example, you may want to set the Google Analytics Client ID, then trigger your form validations. e.g:
Here is an example of how the finished page code might look:
You'll first need a Capture to begin sending API calls to Driftrock.
If you are a 3rd party vendor, you might have already been provided one or more Driftrock Capture IDs so you can skip this step.
1. Create or login to your Driftrock account.
2. Browse the Lead Capture Library and choose Driftrock Webhook Capture.
3. Give your Capture a name - remember, you can create as many Webhook Captures as you like (perhaps for each source or app you connect to).
4. It's time to make your first call to our API and send a test lead to our testing endpoint.
You can make POST requests to this url:
Authorization: Bearer xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
where xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx is an api key that you can obtain by going to Settings -> Security. You can use a previously created key or create a new one.
The body must be JSON formatted and containing the required or recommended fields:
Here's an example of what a simple body would look like
"event_name": "User signed up",
"first_name": "First name",
"last_name": "Last name","
Send your first test lead. If you've been successful, the loading symbol on the Connect step of your webhook capture will be replaced by a success message and you'll be able to proceed to the next step.
5. Once you've sent your test lead, proceed to the Mapping step and map your incoming fields to your Driftrock standard or custom fields (if you need to create a new one).
If you've setup Driftrock's Google Analytics Website Tracking Script correctly, your Marketing Tracking fields should be auto-filled with GA parameters.
6. Proceed to the Destinations step to map your data to any other systems, or simply complete your capture setup if you're happy with the leads residing in Driftrock only.
7. Test the GA tracking is working correctly by submitting a lead on your page and checking the lead in your CRM system (or in Driftrock) to see if the test lead contains a ga_client_id field with a value like this 1976480996.1560959366.
8. You're all set!
Feel free to contact our support team if you need any help.