Capture UTM parameters with your website leads.
To make this work, three things are required:
- You must set up a Driftrock Webhook capture to send your events (e.g. leads) to
For website forms, we provide a simple script for capturing the Google Analytics Client ID and setting it in your form. Here's a step-by-step guide on using the Driftrock script:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Google Analytics code on your website.
2. Add the following script at the end of the <body> section of the web page(s) where your forms live (or across all your web pages if it's easier). Or if you are using Tag Manager this script can be added by clicking Add a new tag, then going to Tag Configuration and setting the Tag Type to be Custom HTML, then adding the below in the HTML section.
3. Add a hidden field to your form with the name ga_client_id or an appropriate name, which you'll reference in step 4.
Make sure your CRM system is configured to accept the new hidden field with the name you specify (in this example ga_client_id ).
If you are sending all your lead data to Driftrock for your lead management, then Driftrock already has the field ga_client_id ready by default.
4. Call the dRock function from the Driftrock script you added in step 2.
Calling this function will add the Google Analytics Client ID from the Google Analytics cookie and insert it into the hidden form field we created in step 3.
The dRock function will let you specify the name of the field.
In this example, the ga_client_id in this example is the name of the hidden form field we added in step 3.
You can optionally specify a callback function to execute after the dRock function finishes. For example, you may want to set the Google Analytics Client ID, then trigger your form validations. e.g:
Here is an example of how the finished page code might look: