What is a Facebook Lead Ad?
A lead ad on Facebook essentially attaches a form to your paid advertising. These forms can be used by marketers to capture extra information from their customers, including offering additional opportunities to connect, for example organising a test drive, subscribing to a newsletter or registering for content.
Not only are Facebook’s Lead Ads really easy to set up, they also offer a quick, simple and slick experience for the user. Upon opening the form, many of the questions will be pre-populated with information from the user’s Facebook profile, and the rest can be completed in a few easy taps, without ever needing to leave the Facebook app.
How to create a Facebook Lead Ad:
1. Go to Ads Manager.
2. Click create in the top left corner
3. Name your campaign, and select Lead Generation as your objective
4. Choose the page you plan to use for your lead ad. (You’ll also need to accept the terms and conditions for lead ads if you have not done this already)
5. Set your ad set settings as normal – targeting, budget, placement and schedule.
6. Set up your ad, including format, creative, copy, headline and call to action. (Remember that the call to action button will lead directly to your form)
8. When your form is ready to go, click finish in the top right corner. Remember that you cannot change forms once they have been published, any changes would need to be made in a duplicate of the form.
9. Review your ad in Ads Manager, and when you’re ready to publish, click Confirm.
10. Watch the leads roll in! You can access and download leads manually through the page settings section of your page, or alternatively use one of our powerful tools to forward leads directly to a CRM system.