Drive restaurant and bar visits with coupon issuance via Facebook Lead Ads and Driftrock
Coupons are a great way to drive restaurant and bar visits, but it’s often challenging to reach new audiences.
Existing customer lists and members of money-saving or voucher websites are easy to generate redemptions from, but often the same set of customers.
In this article we’ll discuss how using Facebook Lead Ads, digital coupons and Driftrock can help you generate new customers from target audiences who haven’t visited before.
Driving new customer visits from Facebook Lead Ads and Digital Coupons
Benefits of this recipe
- Run highly targeted ads at scale, pinpointing local restaurants or bars if required.
- Reach new audiences, exclude existing customers or build loyalty.
- Issue digital coupons whilst collecting opt-ins to your newsletter database for future marketing.
- Track and optimise campaigns, targeting and ads through to offline restaurant or bar visits.
- Create an engaging, personalised customer experience.
The customer experience
We recommend using the combination of Facebook Lead Ads to precisely target new customers, with an organic pinned post so that people can find the coupon if they lose it, share with friends or don’t spot the email.
1) Facebook Lead Ad
Using a simple, pre-filled form, the customer can quickly submit their email to receive a coupon and optionally opt-in to future newsletter communication.
Driftrock will automatically sync these leads to issue a unique digital coupon via email instantly.
The beauty of Facebook Ads is that they offer a seamless experience for your customers that works great on mobile devices.
The user journey will look something like this example:
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1481.0"]
Step 1: Customer Clicks your Facebook Ad [/caption] [caption id="" align="alignnone" width="598.0"]
Step 2: Customer fills in a customised Lead Form [/caption] [caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1481.0"]
Step 3: Customer receives and automated email containing their voucher [/caption]
2. Organic Pinned Post
For the organic aspect of the recipe, you need to make sure that your landing page and form are optimised for mobile use.
Use the form to collect relevant information and offer marketing newsletter opt-in.
Driftrock can create a mobile-friendly landing page form which will automatically fire information to your CRM and deliver the voucher to the customer’s inbox.
3. Automatic retargeting for reminder ads
With Driftrock its possible to automatically sync leads back to Facebook Custom Audiences for a second ad or for excluding people who have redeemed.
This allows you to setup a simple lifecycle to increase redemption rates:
- Prospecting ad to drive issuances > 2. Retarget issued but not redeemed > 3. Target or exclude redemptions.
This same technology also allows you to create automatic Lookalikes from redemptions, further improving performance.
What results can you expect?
- For a compelling offer, we’d expect <£1 per coupon issued/lead captured when running the combination of paid and organic.
- Redemption rates of between 10% and 20% depending on the offer and campaign structure.
- ~70% opt-in rate of these leads to your newsletter.
You can access all this data and optimise your campaign in-flight in the Driftrock dashboard.
Case Study: Heineken & All Bar One
For the launch of their Blind Pig cider, Heineken partnered with All Bar One to promote the new drink in selected venues. Heineken and All Bar One wanted to create a digital coupon campaign that will generate measurable offline bar sales. Using Driftrock and Eagle Eye technology Heineken were able to track leads through the entire journey from online ads to offline sales and saw a 7.8% redemption rate.
GDPR & Data Protection considerations
Driftrock’s sync can store the consent information and send it to your CRM for future privacy management.
This will unlock an array of nurturing campaigns such as using Facebook Custom Audiences to re-target your customers who haven’t redeemed their vouchers with a reminder ad or further nurture customers with email campaigns.
How it works and tools required
This recipe combines a number of features and tools into a campaign plan that drives great results.
- Facebook Lead Ads with Driftrock lead sync.
- Organic Facebook pinned post to a landing page form.
- Eagle Eye digital coupon technology.
- Online to offline tracking with Driftrock.
- Driftrock automatic audience nurturing to increase redemption rates.
Thankfully, Driftrock offers this out-the-box, combining all these tools into an easy solution. Make sure you allow 1 week for activation and setup (outside the usual creative production, campaign deployment and sign-off.
Ready to start your campaign?
Find out how Driftrock can help you increase coupon redemptions and improve ROI.